Today’s Wednesday so it’s time for another SkedX Tip!
This week’s tip is all about setting employee availabilities!
With SkedX, it’s quick and simple for an employee or manager to set their work availability!
Much like swapping shifts or requesting vacations, having an employee set their availability is simple and can be done from any internet browser from any place. On the manager’s end, you simply approve or deny the availability request!
For an employee to set their availability:
1. Mouse over the purple time tab and click Set Availability
2. On the Set Availability page, you are shown a box chart that has sliders for each day of the week.
3. For an employee to set their availability, click and slide the left end of the slider to the desired start hour and the other end to the desired end hour for a specific day. (See Tuesdays Bar)
Alternatively, you can manually enter the start and end hours in the box above the sliders
4. For an employee to set a day as unavailable, simply click the large green arrow at the end of the slider for the desired day and it will grey out the slider. You will also notice that the green arrow changes to a Red X, indicating the day has been set as unavailable.
For an employee to set their availability as open for an entire day, simply click the open availability checkbox just above the sliders.
6. Once you have selected your desired availabilities, click Submit Your Availability for Approval and from there your manager is notified and can either approve or disapprove your request.
For employees who have constantly changing schedules, availabilities can be changed as often as necessary.
With SkedX, it's very easy for an employee to set and request their available work schedule and allows for changes to take place without an employee and manager having to meet face to face or play broken telephone!
To learn more about SkedX, please visit us here.
Till The Next Post,